Sunday, September 24, 2006

Xcode and subversion 1.4 fix

I was unsatisfied to have to revert back to subversion 1.3.2 because Xcode (v2.4) does not yet support the new format of subversion 1.4 .svn/entries file (see my previous blog entry: Xcode and subversion 1.4 incompatibility).

So I wrote a SIMBL plugin that adresses this problem.


  1. Download and install SIMBL (Smart InputManager Bundle Loader) if not already installed

  2. Download Xcode+svn-1.4 and decompress it

  3. Move Xcode+svn-1.4.bundle into ~/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins

  4. Relaunch Xcode, it is now compatible with svn 1.4 :-)

  5. Update: Xcode 2.4.1 addresses this problem so my plugin is not needed anymore.
keywords: Xcode, SCM, subversion, svn, 1.4

Digg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to work just great with XCode 3 as well, with a small modification to the info.plist

Thanks for this excellent resource -- I've been missing the SVN integration since 1.4 came along.

Anonymous said...

Cédric, thanks for the fix!

It works great on my Xcode v2.4 now, thanks again.